International Contract of Carriage : Rule 200
Acceptance of Children
- Accompanied Children and Infants
Children who have not yet reached 12 years of age are accepted for transportation when accompanied on the same flight and in the same compartment by a passenger at least 18 years of age.
NOTE: A child who reaches the age of two after travel has commenced may travel as lap child on flights before his/her birthday but will be required to purchase a seat for portions of travel that take place on/after their birthday.
Fares for accompanied infants and children will be charged provided:
- Infants under 2 years of age are accompanied by a passenger 18 years of age or over, paying the applicable adult fare;
- Only one infant is permitted to be accompanied by a passenger who has paid the applicable adult fare and at the applicable infant’s charge described in paragraph A.4 below;
NOTE: More than one infant accompanied by an adult passenger will be charged in accordance with accompanied children’s fare in applicable paragraph A.4.a.iii or A.4.b.iii below;
- Children 2 years of age or over but under 12 years of age are accompanied by a passenger 18 years of age or over, paying the applicable adult fare.
- Percentage shown shall be applied to the applicable adult fare, unless otherwise specified in applicable fare rules:
- When travel is between PPG/PPT and the U.S.A.:
- Accompanied infants under 2 years of age not occupying a seat will be charged 10 percent
- Accompanied infants under 2 years of age occupying a seat will be charged 67 percent.
- Accompanied children 2 years of age or over but under 12 will be charged 67 percent.
- When travel is between the U.S.A. and any point outside of the U.S.A., excluding Pago Pago and Papeete:
- Accompanied infants under 2 years of age not occupying a seat will be charged 10 percent.
- Accompanied infants under 2 years of age occupying a seat will be charged 75 percent.
- Accompanied children 2 years of age or over but under 12 will be charged 75 percent.
- Children 12 years of age or older shall pay the applicable full adult fare
- Unaccompanied children under 12 are not permitted.
NOTE: Minors who have reached 12 years of age may travel unaccompanied.
- Minors under the age of 18 who are traveling with only one parent or neither parent may be required to have additional documentation if leaving their country of residence or arriving in a country of which they are not a resident. Customers should contact the Consulate of the country to which the minor is traveling for additional information.
- Emergency Contact Information
- Children under the age of 18 traveling accompanied but without both parents must provide HA with emergency contact information.
- Children between the ages of 12 and 17 traveling unaccompanied must provide HA with emergency contact information.