Frequently Asked Questions about EmploymentI’m interested in becoming a Hawaiian Airlines Flight Attendant. How do I apply?
Flight Attendant recruiting does not occur year round. We recruit for this position based on the business needs, usually once or twice per year.
To apply: make it a regular habit to visit www.hawaiianairlines.com/jobs and our job list to view company openings posted on our employment page. We accept applications for open positions only.What qualities does Hawaiian Airlines look for in Flight Attendants? What are the basic requirements of this position?
Successful flight attendants have the following qualities and qualifications:
- People first customer service orientation
- Winning attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate sales skills
- Projects a friendly and pleasing personality
- Displays a professional image
- Professional grooming standard and fitness
- Vision correctable to 20/50 or better for both eyes
- Fluency in English with ability to also speak fluently in Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, French, Samoan, Spanish, Tagalog, Ilocano, or Korean for Language Qualified Positions
- Must have a minimum of two years customer service experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to work shifts, weekends and holidays
- Ability to meet rigorous physical requirements of duties, including pushing and pulling up to 150 lbs
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. from floor to above shoulder height
- Must be able to relocate
- Must have a vertical reach of 82”. Please complete a self test to ensure you meet this requirement – guideline – barefoot, both feet on the floor, tip toe OK, no jumping to reach.
- No visible tattoos – visible is considered from the neckline up, short sleeves down to fingertips and hemline (skirts and pants) to where uniform shoes begin. Covering tattoos with makeup or bandages is not acceptable – If in doubt of our definition please ask for clarification during the recruitment process.
- Able to attend a 6 week unpaid intensive training program in Honolulu
A Flight Attendant’s role is highly visible with extensive public contact. Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate a warm, friendly, outgoing, and personable attitude. The job is frequently stressful and you must be able to handle yourself under pressure.I’m interested in finding an entry-level position within Hawaiian Airlines. What positions might I consider?
Customer Service Agent - Great for people who enjoy customer interaction and serving others. Position involves checking in passengers and baggage, selling and making reservations, boarding passengers at the gate, assisting passengers with lost and found claims and making every customer feel like they are part of the Hawaiian Airlines Ohana!
Ramp Agent – Notable for people who enjoy working outside in a more physical role. Position involves handling and tagging luggage, cargo and mail, cleaning aircraft baggage compartments and other work areas, loading/unloading trucks and aircraft and operating automotive equipment.
Cleaner – Ideal for people who take pride in physically seeing their accomplishments at the end of every shift. Position involves cleaning aircraft cabin including lavatories, replacing seat covers, stocking passenger and crew supplies on board aircraft, cleaning of facilities, grounds and equipment, vacuuming and shampooing carpet (specific shift only) and washing and polishing external of aircraft (only for specific full-time shift).
For a full list of current openings, please view our employment page at ultirecruit, as we have many opportunities available for a large variety of backgrounds.
Mahalo for your interest in Hawaiian Airlines!