We do everything we can to get your perishables to their destination as fresh as the day you shipped them. You can help us by following the guidelines below:
• Advance booking is required.
• The shipper is required to book the total number of pieces in the consignment as well as weight and dimensions of each box.
• Shipment must comply with all local, state, federal and international regulations.
• Cargo may be inspected to ensure that it complies with both FAA security procedures and Hawaiian Airlines packaging requirements.
• Weather conditions may affect the transportation of perishable goods. Therefore, the shipper may be required to sign a perishable disclaimer. • Air waybill must list 24-hour telephone contact information for both shipper and consignee.
• Shipments must have appropriate labels on boxes.
• Boxes should indicate any temperature constraints if applicable.
• Each piece must be legibly and durably labeled with the names and addresses of the both the shipper and consignee.
• Shipments must be prepared or packaged to ensure safe transportation with ordinary care in handling.