Customer Service Plan
Hawaiian Airlines will:
- disclose on the carrier’s website, at the ticket counter, or when a customer calls the carrier’s reservation center to inquire about a fare or to make a reservation, that the lowest fare offered may be available elsewhere if that is the case;
- deliver baggage on time, including making every reasonable effort to return mishandled baggage within twenty-four hours, compensating passengers for reasonable expenses that result due to delay in delivery for domestic flights and as required by applicable international agreements for international flights, and reimbursing passengers for any fee charged to transport a bag if that bag is lost;
- allow customers to cancel reservations made 7 or more days prior to departure without penalty if requested within 24 hours of purchase.
- provide prompt refunds where ticket refunds are due, within 7 days for credit card purchases, and within 20 days after receiving a complete refund request for cash and check purchases, including refunding fees charged to a passenger for optional services that the passenger was unable to use due to an over-sale situation or flight cancellation;
- properly accommodate passengers with disabilities, as required and other special-needs passengers as set forth in the carrier’s policies and procedures, including during lengthy tarmac delays;
- meet customers’ essential needs during lengthy tarmac delays as provided for in Hawaiian’s Tarmac Delay Contingency plan;
- handle ‘‘bumped’’ passengers with fairness and consistency in the case of oversales as described in Hawaiian’s policies and procedures for determining boarding priority;
- disclose cancellation policies, frequent flyer rules, aircraft seating configuration, and lavatory availability on the Hawaiian Airlines website, and upon request, from the selling carrier’s telephone reservations staff;
- notify consumers in a timely manner of changes in their travel itineraries;
- ensure responsiveness to consumer problems and identification of services provided to mitigate passenger inconveniences resulting from flight cancellations and misconnections.