Hawaiian Airlines and Foodland 2nd Anniversary In-store Sweepstakes
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Foodland Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States of America and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, unless local law prohibits entry. Employees of Hawaiian Airlines and Foodland, Sack N Save and Foodland Farms (“Sponsors”), their respective parent companies, or any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, or advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
HOW TO ENTER. The Sweepstakes entry dates and times are February 1, 2013 at Foodland Beretania, and February 2, 2013 at Foodland Aina Haina between the times of 10:00am HST until 2:00pm HST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The entry method is described below.
To enter this Sweepstakes go to either Foodland Beretania during the designated Sweepstakes Period on February 1, 2013, or Foodland Aina Haina during the designated Sweepstakes Period on February 2, 2013 and complete a Sweepstakes entry ballot. The entry ballot will require you to provide your first and last name, HawaiianMiles number, email, and phone number. Mass entries, mechanically reproduced entries, or multiple entries will not be accepted. Sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, illegible, stolen, misdirected or mutilated entries. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- WINNER SELECTION. On or about February 6, 2013, Hawaiian Airlines will select five (5) Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period.
- PRIZES AND ODDS. Five (5) Sweepstakes Winners randomly selected in the Sweepstakes drawing will receive five thousand (5,000) HawaiianMiles (each a “Prize”). Approximate retail value of the Prize is $125.
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE ACCEPTANCE. The Sweepstakes Winners will be notified on or about February 7, 2013 at the telephone numbers and/or email addresses associated with the Sweepstakes Winners’ HawaiianMiles account or entry ballot, as applicable. Award of Prizes are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsors’ inability to reach a Sweepstakes Winner using the information associated with the winner’s HawaiianMiles account or mail-in information, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, a winner’s failure to respond to prize notification in a timely manner, and/or a Sweepstakes Winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, at the sole discretion of Sponsors, result in that Sweepstakes Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his/her interest in the prize, and the selection of a substitute Sweepstakes Winner from among all remaining eligible entries. A Sweepstakes Winner may waive their right to receive the prize. To claim or redeem the Prize, the Sweepstakes Winner must be a member of the HawaiianMiles program (becoming a member is free, quick and easy by visiting www.hawaiianairlines.com and you may cancel your account at any time). The Prize will be credited directly to the Sweepstakes Winner’s HawaiianMiles account. All HawaiianMiles Program terms and conditions will apply to the Prize award, including without limitation expiration of accumulated HawaiianMiles. The Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable. No substitutions allowed by the Sweepstakes Winner. Redemption of the Prize is subject to availability and Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The Sweepstakes Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on the Prize. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of personal delivery or sender’s postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days may result in a Sweepstakes Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize, and the award of the Prize to a substitute Sweepstakes Winner.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors and the Sweepstakes judges designated by Sponsors. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each entrant’s consent to the Sponsors’ publication of his/her name, biographical information, voice recording and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsors. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsors reserve the right to award Prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
- GENERAL RELEASE. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants release the Sponsors, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize or any travel, merchandise, or other goods or services redeemed with any mileage prize awarded (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injury, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
- CONSTRUCTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sponsors, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Hawaii, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Hawaii, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Hawaii. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS. For a copy of these Official Rules or the names of the winners (available after February 7, 2013), send a request and self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Official Rules Request” or “Winner List Request” (as applicable), HawaiianMiles Marketing, Attn: Foodland 2nd Anniversary Promotion, P.O. Box 30008, Honolulu, HI 96820-0008.
- SPONSORS. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. and Foodland Super Market, Limited, whose decisions regarding the selection of winner and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes will be final and binding in all respects.