How to get pre-cleared before entering Hawaii
Through the state of Hawaii Safe Travels program, travelers have two options to bypass the State’s mandatory 10-day self-quarantine by either showing proof of full vaccination (for U.S. domestic travelers who were fully vaccinated in the United States or a U.S. territory) or by taking a state-approved COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior to the final scheduled departure into Hawaii and obtaining a negative test result prior to boarding. Learn more.
For those participating in the State’s pre-travel testing program, Hawaiian Airlines is now offering guests at select U.S. Mainland and International airports the opportunity to be pre-cleared prior to departure and bypass long wait times upon arrival into Hawaii.
To qualify for the pre-clear program, complete the following steps:
- Create a Safe Travels account for every adult on the itinerary.
- Add all flight and lodging information to the account.
- Complete the mandatory health questionnaire within the account.
- Upload negative test result (PDF format) from a state-approved testing partner or valid proof of vaccination to your Safe Travels account. We also recommend bringing a printed copy of your negative result or a physical copy of your vaccination card.
These documents will be verified during the pre-screening process prior to departure. If your valid negative COVID-19 test results or valid vaccination card are not uploaded to the Safe Travels app prior to departure or not made available during screening, you will be required to sign the 10-day self-quarantine agreement. For more information about the pre-travel testing program, click here.
The pre-clear program is available at these airports:
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC)
- Oakland International Airport (OAK)
- Ontario International Airport (ONT)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Phoenix International Airport (PHX)
- Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Faaa International Airport (PPT)
- Narita International Airport (NRT)
- Osaka Kansai Airport (KIX)
- Pago Pago International Airport (PPG)
- Seoul Incheon International Airport (ICN)