COVID-19 Travel Information
- Update Mar. 8: Effective April 5, 2021, Kauai will rejoin the State of Hawaii’s Safe Travels pre-travel testing program for trans-pacific travel. Existing rules for travel to Kauai remain in place until that date. Learn more.
Non-residents of Japan traveling from the United States are currently restricted from entering the country. In addition, as of Jan. 13, 2021 JST, all travelers need to take a PCR test 72 hours prior to flight departure and present a negative test result upon arrival. Read more.
Travelers flying from Japan to Hawaii should review the CDC order for international travelers.
A 14-day mandatory quarantine is currently in effect for travelers arriving in Korea. In addition, as of 5 a.m. HST on Feb. 23, 2021 HST (12 a.m. KST on Feb. 24, 2021), all travelers, including South Korean Nationals, need to take a PCR test 72 hours prior to flight departure and present a negative test result upon arrival. Read more.
Travelers flying from Korea to Hawaii should review the CDC order for international travelers.
Flight suspensions and schedule changes
To see the latest details regarding flight suspensions and schedule changes, click here.
COVID-19 travel waivers
In September 2020, we eliminated change fees on our Main Cabin and Premium Cabin fares (including award flights) to provide greater flexibility for our guests. Although Main Cabin Basic tickets are not included in our refreshed policy, under our COVID-19 travel waivers, they are changeable without a fee until the waiver expires on April 30, 2021. Please see details on our COVID-19 travel waivers below:
- Tickets (including award flights) purchased between Jan. 1 and April 30, 2021 : No change fees for any changes made before the ticket expires. Any ticket purchased on or after Jan. 1, 2021 is valid for up to one year from the original date of purchase. Please note that a fare difference may apply for each change that is made.
- Tickets (including award flights) purchased between March 1 and Dec. 31, 2020: No change fees for any changes made before the ticket expires. Tickets under this waiver are valid for up to two years from the original date of purchase. Please note that a fare difference may apply for each change that is made.
- Tickets (including award flights) purchased before March 1, 2020 with travel dates between March 1, 2020 and Feb. 28, 2021: No change fees for rebooked travel that begins on or before May 31, 2022. Please note that a fare difference may apply for each change that is made.
What to expect while traveling
We recommend reviewing the following websites for the latest information:
- COVID-19 testing options – drive-through and at-home COVID-19 testing options that are safe, reliable and meet the State of Hawaii’s pre-travel testing program requirements.
- Safe Travels – all guests traveling into and within the state of Hawaii must create an account and complete mandatory forms through this website. It is encouraged to create your account at least 24 hours prior to flight departure.
- AlohaSafe Alert app – travelers arriving in Maui County are required to download this app prior to arrival in order to be exempt from quarantine. This requirement is in addition to the State’s pre-travel testing program requirements.
- What to expect while traveling – learn more about what you need to know before you travel.
- State of Hawaii Safe Travels Program – see the latest information about the pre-travel testing program and important things to know when you’re in Hawaii.
- Keeping you safe – information on the measures we’re taking to promote your health and safety while traveling.
Travel Agency Bookings
If you’ve purchased your ticket through a travel agency or online travel website, please contact your travel agency for assistance with making any changes to your reservation.
For our Travel Agency partners, thank you for looking after our shared guests during this unprecedented time in our industry. For information on travel agent procedures, please see our Travel Agent Program News page.