Updated Travel Waiver for Japan Typhoon Jebi
September 12, 2018 9:53 a.m. HST
Guests are advised to check HawaiianAirlines.com for the latest updates on scheduled flights.
Effective immediately, guests holding tickets for travel on Hawaiian Airlines or Hawaiian Airlines codeshare flights departing to/from/via Osaka (KIX/ITM), Japan, between September 3 (JST), 2018 and September 21 (JST), 2018, or to/from/via Tokyo (HND/NRT), Japan, between September 3 (JST), 2018 and September 7 (JST), 2018 will be permitted the following waivers:
For flights rebooked for new travel on or before September 28 (JST), 2018 for Osaka or on or before September 16 (JST), 2018 for Tokyo:
- A waiver of the change fee
- A waiver of any resulting difference in fare(s) provided that change is made to the same compartment (i.e. Coach to Coach or First Class to First Class) and there is no change in origin and destination
For flights rebooked for new travel on or after September 29 (JST), 2018 for Osaka or on or after September 17 (JST), 2018 for Tokyo:
- A waiver of the change fee
- Applicable difference in fare(s) will apply
Waiver qualifications and rules:
- Ticket* was issued on/before September 1, 2018
*Must be identified by a 13-digit ticket serial number beginning with Hawaiian Airlines code “173.” Tickets issued by other airlines with a different carrier code (ticket numbers not beginning with “173”) are subject to the waiver policy of other airline.
- Affected flight(s) is/are originally scheduled for travel from September 3 (JST), 2018 through September 16 (JST), 2018 for Osaka or from September 3 (JST), 2018 through September 7 (JST), 2018 for Tokyo.
- New travel must be rebooked and ticketed by September 23 (JST), 2018 for Osaka and by September 9 (JST), 2018 for Tokyo.
- Voluntary changes made to origin, destination, and/or via/stopover point (reroutes) for Osaka (KIX/ITM) flights will be permitted without change fee or fare difference if rebooked travel commences on/before September 28 (JST), 2018, for Osaka and on/before September 16 (JST), 2018, for Tokyo, and if change is made to the same compartment as originally ticketed (first class to first class, business class to business class or coach to coach). Reroutes for travel to/from/via Tokyo (HND/NRT) will be permitted without change fee and will remain subject to applicable fare difference.
- Refunds will be permitted for ticketed travel to/from/via Osaka (KIX/ITM) where flights are cancelled due to Typhoon Jebi, subject to other conditions described in this waiver. Travel agents are permitted to issue refunds for Osaka travel subject to terms of this waiver. Refund rules of original ticketed fares will apply for travel to/from/via Tokyo (HND/NRT).
For Tickets booked through a travel agent or online travel website:
Please contact the travel agency or online travel site directly for ticket assistance.
For Tickets Booked at HawaiianAirlines.com or our Reservations Department:
All changes must be made by calling our U.S. Reservations Department at