Hawaiian Airlines Pilots
Take your career to new heights
Meet Our First Officers
Meet Lori and Bryan as they share their experience of living in Hawaii and working for Hawaiian Airlines as a First Officer.
World-Class Opportunities Right Here in Hawaii
Why Hawaiian Airlines?
Join Our Flight Division
Hawaiian Airlines is looking for individuals who will embrace our mission:
And our vision:
Hawaiian Airlines requires the following qualifications:
- FAA ATP certified, Airplane Multiengine Land with English proficient endorsement, First Class FAA medical certificate, 2,000 total flight hours, a minimum of 1,000 fixed wing hours, First Class Medical Certificate, FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit, high school diploma or its equivalent, and eligible to work in the United States (Please refer to the Job posting for the complete list of requirements.)
- Preferred: 1,000 hours turbine as PIC (as defined by FAR Part 1), Turbojet/turbo prop experience in complex flying environments, college degree
Benefits & Travel Privileges
Join Hawaiian Airlines and enjoy:
- Comprehensive medical plan benefits at excellent rates
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability
- Paid vacation time
- Exceptional travel privileges
- Employee discounts from various stores and companies
Benefits are subject to change without notice and vary according to bargaining agreement contracts.
Live, Play, and Work in Paradise
We are honored to share our home, one of the most beautiful spots on the planet, with guests from around the world. You can enjoy Hawai’i’s cosmopolitan diversity, beauty and unique culture. Come join our ‘ohana, or family, and you too can call Hawaii “home.”
For tips on things to do and places to see in the Hawaiian Islands, visit our Island Guide.
For information on moving to and living in Honolulu, see the following links to Honolulu Magazine:
Discover Hawaii’s local culture. From surfing, to potluck gatherings, to local ghost stories and myths.Learn more
Discover how the state’s public schools rank, private school options, and much more.Learn more
Retiring in Hawaii, starting a business, state laws, and more.Learn more
Hawaiian Airlines is continuing to grow with the delivery of new A321neo aircraft in 2018 and B787-9 “Dreamliner” in 2021.
Where We Fly
We offer only non-stop service to Hawaii from destinations in North America, Asia, and the South Pacific, as well as service to every major Hawaiian Island.
“As a wide-body A330 pilot in my first year at Hawaiian Airlines, I’ve been able to fly to exciting destinations all over the world; at another carrier it would have taken years. Our opportunities for adventure, balanced with schedule and quality of life, are endless.”
“Being a relatively small airline, we grow strong bonds not only with our co-workers, but also with our guests and the island communities that we serve. Understanding how we have been connecting the people of Hawaii for over 87 years makes the work we perform especially meaningful.”
“As a 717 pilot, I get to spend time with my family every day and sleep in my own bed every night. While my kids are in their formative years, I intend on taking full advantage of the interisland schedule. As we add more international destinations and my kids don’t require as much attention, the wide-body operation will provide a new and challenging opportunity.”