How to get pre-cleared before entering Hawaii
The state of Hawaii launched a pre-travel testing program in October 2020 providing travelers the option to bypass the State’s mandatory 10-day self-quarantine by taking a state-approved COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior to the final scheduled departure into Hawaii and obtaining a negative test result prior to boarding. Learn more.
For those participating in the State’s pre-travel testing program, Hawaiian Airlines is now offering guests at select U.S. Mainland airports the opportunity to be pre-cleared prior to departure and bypass long wait times upon arrival into Hawaii.
To qualify for the pre-clear program, complete the following steps:
- Create a Safe Travels account for every adult on the itinerary.
- Add all flight and lodging information to the account.
- Complete the mandatory health questionnaire within the account.
- Upload negative test result (PDF format) from a state-approved testing partner to your Safe Travels account. We also recommend bringing a printed copy of your negative result.
These documents will be verified during the pre-screening process prior to departure or during the screening process upon arrival in Hawaii. If your valid negative COVID-19 test results are not uploaded to the Safe Travels app prior to departure or not made available during screening, you will be required to sign the 10-day self-quarantine agreement. For more information about the pre-travel testing program, click here.
The pre-clear program is available at these airports:
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)
- Phoenix International Airport (PHX)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Portland International Airport (PDX)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
- Oakland International Airport (OAK)
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)