Rule 135: Cancellation of Reservations
- Full Text
- Rule 1: Application of Tariff
- Rule 2: Emergency Situations
- Rule 3: Schedules and Operations
- Rule 4: Restricted Items
- Rule 5: Definitions
- Rule 10: Passports and Visas - Responsibility of Passenger
- Rule 35: Refusal to Transport
- Rule 40: Electronic Surveillance of Passengers and Baggage
- Rule 50: Acceptance of Children
- Rule 55: Service Animals
- Rule 90: Oxygen
- Rule 95: Claims
- Rule 96: Customer Advocate Issues
- Rule 100: Tickets - General
- Rule 105: Ticket Validity
- Rule 115: Confirmation of Reserved Space
- Rule 135: Cancellation of Reservations
- Rule 150: Application of Fares - General
- Rule 160: Currency
- Rule 170: Round-Trip Fares
- Rule 175: Circle-Trip Fares
- Rule 180: Stopovers
- Rule 185: Routings
- Rule 187: Minimum Fares
- Rule 190: Acceptance of Baggage: General
- Rule 195: Conditions and Charges for Acceptance of Special Items
- Rule 200: Conditions and Charges for Acceptance of Live Animals
- Rule 205: Checked and Carry-On Baggage
- Rule 215: Cabin-Seat Baggage and Charges
- Rule 220: Baggage - General Conditions of Acceptance
- Rule 225: Baggage Charges
- Rule 230: Liability - Baggage
- Rule 235: Flight Delays/Cancellations (Standby Passengers)
- Rule 240: Flight Delays/Cancellations (Confirmed Passengers)
- Rule 245: Denied Boarding Compensation
- Rule 255: Rerouting
- Rule 260: Involuntary Refunds
- Rule 270: Voluntary Refunds
- Rule 275: Foreign Currency Refunds
- Rule 392: Returned Check Charge
- HA has the right to cancel reservations (whether or not confirmed) of any passenger whenever such action is necessary to comply with any governmental regulation, upon any governmental request for emergency transportation in connection with the national defense, or whenever such action is necessary or advisable by reason of weather or other conditions beyond HA’s control, including force majeure events.
- HA has the right to cancel reservations (whether or not confirmed) due to the passenger’s failure to comply with the rules set forth herein, including but not limited to, the passenger’s failure to pay for the applicable ticket under the conditions applicable to the fare for such travel.
- Failure to Occupy Space. If a passenger fails to occupy space which has been reserved on an HA flight and the passenger does not provide HA notice of the cancellation of the reservation before the departure, or if any carrier cancels the reservation of any passenger because they failed to provide notice to the carrier, HA may cancel all reservations (whether or not confirmed) held by such passenger on the flights of HA or any carrier for continuing or return space.
Airport Check-In Time Limits. HA has the right to refuse the acceptance of
checked baggage and cancel reservations (whether or not confirmed) of any
passenger who fails to present themselves for check-in within the following time
limits preceding scheduled departure time of applicable flights.
- HA recommends that passengers check in baggage at least 2.5 hours prior to scheduled departure for travel between Hawaii and Continental U.S.A. and 90 minutes prior for travel wholly within the State of Hawaii, but no earlier than the operating hours (opening times) of departure airport ticket counters located within Hawaii.
Passengers must adhere to the
following minimum times: :
- Passengers required to purchase tickets must do so at least 120 minutes prior to scheduled departure otherwise HA may cancel reservations of tickets not yet purchased;
- Baggage must be checked no later than 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure when travel is between Hawaii and Continental U.S.A. and 30 minutes prior when traveling wholly within the State of Hawaii. HA reserves the right to refuse to accept passengers with baggage after these time limits.
- Pre-reserved seats will be canceled if a passenger fails to check-in and obtain a boarding pass at least 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure time for travel between Hawaii and the Continental U.S.A. or no less than 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure time for travel wholly within the State of Hawaii;
- Reservations may be canceled if a passenger fails to check-in and obtain a boarding pass at least 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure time for travel between Hawaii and the Continental U.S.A. or no less than 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure time for travel wholly within the State of Hawaii); and
- Reservations will be canceled if a passenger is not present at the
boarding gate for boarding or on the aircraft at least 30 minutes prior to
the scheduled departure time of the flight, whether or not the passenger
has checked in for the flight.
- NOTE: The time limits provided by HA in this Rule are minimum time requirements. Due to lengthy TSA security screening checkpoint waiting times, earlier arrivals are recommended. Passenger and baggage processing time may differ from airport to airport. It is the passenger’s responsibility to ascertain the departure airport’s time requirements for security screening so that the passenger complies with HA minimum time limits.
- HA reserves the right to close the aircraft doors ten minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
- HA is not liable for any consequential, compensatory, or other damages when it
cancels reservations (whether or not confirmed) of any passenger in accordance with
this Rule, but:
- If such reservation was canceled according to paragraph A) of this Rule, HA will take such action as is provided in Rule 240.
- If such reservation was canceled according to other paragraphs of this Rule, HA will refund in accordance with Rule 270 only to the extent the passenger has paid.
- Overbooking. All of HA’s flights are subject to overbooking which could result in HA’s inability to provide previously confirmed reserved space for a given flight or for the class of service reserved. In that event, HA’s obligation to the passenger is governed by Rule 245.