Rule 105: Ticket Validity
- Full Text
- Rule 1: Application of Tariff
- Rule 2: Emergency Situations
- Rule 3: Schedules and Operations
- Rule 4: Restricted Items
- Rule 5: Definitions
- Rule 10: Passports and Visas - Responsibility of Passenger
- Rule 15: Airport Lounge Facilities
- Rule 35: Refusal to Transport
- Rule 40: Electronic Surveillance of Passengers and Baggage
- Rule 50: Acceptance of Children
- Rule 55: Service Animals
- Rule 90: Oxygen
- Rule 95: Claims
- Rule 96: Customer Advocate Issues
- Rule 100: Tickets - General
- Rule 105: Ticket Validity
- Rule 115: Confirmation of Reserved Space
- Rule 135: Cancellation of Reservations
- Rule 150: Application of Fares - General
- Rule 160: Currency
- Rule 170: Round-Trip Fares
- Rule 175: Circle-Trip Fares
- Rule 180: Stopovers
- Rule 185: Routings
- Rule 187: Minimum Fares
- Rule 190: Acceptance of Baggage: General
- Rule 195: Conditions and Charges for Acceptance of Special Items
- Rule 200: Conditions and Charges for Acceptance of Live Animals
- Rule 205: Checked and Carry-On Baggage
- Rule 215: Cabin-Seat Baggage and Charges
- Rule 220: Baggage - General Conditions of Acceptance
- Rule 225: Baggage Charges
- Rule 230: Liability - Baggage
- Rule 235: Flight Delays/Cancellations (Standby Passengers)
- Rule 240: Flight Delays/Cancellations (Confirmed Passengers)
- Rule 245: Denied Boarding Compensation
- Rule 255: Rerouting
- Rule 260: Involuntary Refunds
- Rule 270: Voluntary Refunds
- Rule 275: Foreign Currency Refunds
- Rule 392: Returned Check Charge
- Period Of Validity
Except as provided in paragraph C) 1) below, a ticket will be valid for transportation for one year from the date on which transportation commences at the point of origin that is designated on the original ticket or, if no portion of the ticket is used, from the date of issuance of the original ticket.
Extension Of Validity
- If the passenger is prevented from using the ticket, or a portion of the ticket, during the period of validity specified in paragraph (A) above or the period of validity applicable to an excursion or special fare, due to lack of space or flight cancellation, the ticket will remain valid until space can be provided on a schedule comparable to the schedule that the passenger had requested.
- If the passenger is unable to commence or continue his travel due to personal illness or physical incapacity, or the illness or physical incapacity of member of his immediate family, or an associate with whom he is traveling, HA will extend the period of validity beyond the original limit not to exceed thirty (30) days, all applicable service/penalty charges will apply. If original class of service is not available on the new flight booked, or the original fare is not a valid fare for the new flight booked, HA will collect the applicable service/penalty charges at the time the change is made. The illness or incapacity must be certified in writing by a physician, specifying that the passenger is prevented from completing his journey prior to the expiration of the original time limit because of such circumstances. The certificate must be surrendered to the carrier, and the ticket and all coupons affected must be endorsed by the agent to indicate that an extension has been granted.
- If the passenger is unable for any reason to use his ticket as originally issued and needs to have his ticket reissued, he may do so by paying the applicable service/ penalty charges and/or additional fare collection for making the change as described in the ticketed fare and tariff rules, provided the reissue/exchange occurs prior to the original expiration date. If after the original expiration date the ticket has no value and is void.
Special Fare Provisions
The provisions below will apply to fares that are subject to group travel requirements and/or reservations or ticketing time limitations and/or minimum or maximum stay requirements.
- Period of Validity When a ticket includes an excursion or special fare having a shorter period of validity than one year, the shorter period of validity will apply only to the excursion or special fare transportation.
- Extension of Validity See provisions in paragraph (B) above.