Check-in is a breeze at the airport at one of our self-service kiosks located at most airports we serve.
It's easy and you'll find a Hawaiian Airlines representative at the kiosks ready to assist you.
Identify yourself by entering your confirmation code or an E-Ticket or HawaiianMiles number, or by swiping a credit or debit card to search by name and follow our step-by-step, user-friendly instructions.
In order to check in using our kiosk machines, you must have one of the following:
- HawaiianMiles account number in the reservation
- Valid credit or debit card in your name
- Confirmation code
- E-Ticket Number
- Boarding pass generated from a web check-in performed within 24 hours of departure
Kiosk cut-off times*:
In order to have enough time to check in and make your way to the departure gate, guests must check-in by a certain time, based on region and departure time. Those with bags cannot check in any sooner than 4 hours prior to departure.
Check-in cut-off times:Neighbor Island Destinations: 30 minutes prior to departure
North America Destinations: 45 minutes prior to departure
International Destinations: 60 minutes prior to departure is the cut-off time
*The destination city/region for the first segment applies in a multi-segment itinerary.
Kiosk check-in is not available for:
- Certain recently-modified reservations
- Most Group booking reservations
- Flights operated by codeshare partners
- Reservations with paper tickets
- Reservations with non-electronically issued / exchanged / revalidated tickets
- Any one-way International reservation, due to visa requirements
- Passengers who do not complete processing of upgrading seats online via web check-in
- Passengers who have a balance due, but do not have a credit or debit card to use for payment
- Unaccompanied Minors
- Bulkhead seat requests
- Passengers traveling with Animals
Seat Assignments at Kiosk Check-InIn most cases, passengers will be able to obtain seat assignments within 24 hours before departure using web check-in, or upon check-in on the day of departure (via kiosk or agent). Passengers are able to look at the seat map and select a seat, if it's available, during Kiosk check-in. If passengers already have pre-reserved seats, they will also have the option of selecting a different seat, if it's available.
For more information on check-in times and locations, please visit our Help Center.