If you're flying out of the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL), you now have another TSA checkpoint option.
The new checkpoint located on the ground/arrivals level of Terminal 1 (formerly the Interisland Terminal) opened just in time for the 2018 summer travel season.
About this checkpoint:
- Available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily* (hours are subject to change without notice)
- Not available for TSA Precheck.
- Upper level access via escalator only. Not recommended for travelers with strollers, large carry on bags, or who require special assistance.
How it works:
- Look for the new checkpoint located on the ground level of Terminal 1 (formerly the Interisland Terminal). It is between baggage claim carousels 8 and 9.
- The new checkpoint adds an additional screening lane to provide greater efficiency to get you to your gate faster.
- After completing the screening process, take the escalator up to the second level where the “A” gates are located.