Which Shore Would You Explore Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws. Sweepstakes begins on April 4, 2019 at 8:00 am Hawaii Standard Time (“HST”) and ends on April 25, 2019 at 11:59 pm HST (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: Which Shore Would You Explore Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia and all United States territories) who, as of date of entry, are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their respective states/jurisdictions of permanent residence, as of date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Don Jagoda Associates ("Administrator"), Spredfast, Inc., and any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, mandataries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's and/or Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winner.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor is Hawaiian Airlines, Inc., 3375 Koapaka Street, G-350, Honolulu, HI 96819. The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
3. How to Enter: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning.
To enter, you must like and/or follow Hawaiian Airlines on Facebook (Facebook.com/HawaiianAirlines), Instagram (Instagram.com/HawaiianAirlines) or Twitter (Twitter.com/HawaiianAir) and complete the entry form in its entirety at HawaiianAirlines.com/social/sweepstakes to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“entry”). If you do not have a Facebook account, and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Facebook.com. If you do not have a Twitter account, and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Twitter.com. If you do not have an Instagram account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free Instagram app to your mobile device at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store.
No information regarding entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm HST on April 25, 2019 to be included in the random drawing. There is a limit of one entry per person/email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal phone/data and usage charges imposed by your online/phone service may apply. Standard data rates may apply.
Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user’s computer/device equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Entrant’s social media profiles must be keeping with Sponsor’s image or he/she may be disqualified.
4. Selection of Winner: On or about April 26, 2019, One Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
Drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
5. Winner Notification: Potential winner will be notified by email/phone. Grand Prize winner will be sent via email/email link an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) and Assignment of Rights (“Affidavit”) and will be required to complete, sign and return Affidavit via mail within three (3) days of being notified in order to claim his/her/their prize.
If the potential winner fails to return the required document within the required time period, or the prize notification is returned undeliverable, or in the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received for throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
Potential winner are subject to verification by Sponsor and/or Administrator, whose decisions are final and BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An entrant is not a winner of the prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
6. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): Grand Prize (1): One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of winner’s choice of a five (5) days and four (4) night trip for the winner and one (1) travel companion to winner’s choice of either Boston, Massachusetts; or Honolulu, Hawaii, in the form of 160,000 HawaiianMiles prize certificate and four (4) night hotel accommodations at a Sponsor-select hotel, one (1) standard room (based on double occupancy). The maximum ARV of the Grand Prize is $10,136.
Prize Restrictions: Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion if any advertised prize becomes unavailable. Winner is responsible for any loss of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Prize winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of prize.
Sponsor will provide/mail a HawaiianMiles prize certification with instructions for winner to redeem the miles directly into their HawaiianMiles account and winner must follow the instructions on how to redeem miles in his/her Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles account within three (3) months of receiving the prize certification. Potential winner must establish a free Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles account if he or she does not already have such an account. HawaiianMiles accounts are free to open, and the account and use of the HawaiianMiles are subject to the program’s terms and conditions: HawaiianAirlines.com/legal/hawaiianmiles-terms-and-conditions. Miles can be redeemed by the winner immediately after winner opens a HawaiianMiles account/follows the instructions from the prize certificate. Miles will expire pursuant to Hawaiian’s program terms and conditions and will expire within eighteen (18) months if there is no activity.
Hotel accommodations prize must be redeemed from May 1, 2019 through October 31, 2020 for prize received or prize will be forfeited. HawaiianMiles shall expire in accordance with standard terms and conditions applicable to the HawaiianMiles program and can be reviewed at HawaiianAirlines.com/legal/hawaiianmiles-terms-and-conditions. All fees and expenses (such as security fees, gratuities, luggage fees, meals and ground transportation, and incidental charges) related to acceptance and uses of the travel prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. Certain restrictions and blackout dates apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Seat selection and timing of trip subject to confirmation of reservations. Major credit card required at hotel check-in to cover any incidental charges. Travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of travel (or winner must be the parent/legal guardian of travel companion if he/she is a minor in his/her state of primary residence) and a legal resident of the 50 United States/DC. Winner’s travel companion (or winner as parent/legal guardian of travel companion if he/she is a minor in his/her state of primary residence and winner’s child/charge) will be required to execute a release of liability prior to travel. If the winner elects to travel or participate in the prize travel with no travel companion, no additional compensation will be awarded for the travel companion portion of prize. Prize winner and travel companion must possess valid travel documents (i.e., a valid government-issued photo ID, etc.) Prize winner and travel companion are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any air carrier(s) or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the Prize winner's and his/her travel companion's transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the Prize winner, his/her travel companion and such transportation companies.
In the event Prize winner and/or travel companion engage(s) in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel and/or terminate the travel early, and send that Prize winner and/or travel companion home (at winner/travel companion’s own expense) with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Prize winner and/or travel companion (which may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in that Prize winner’s disqualification from the Sweepstakes and forfeiture of any [and/or all] prize[s]). In the event Prize winner or travel companion engage(s) in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects that Prize winner or travel companion to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Prize winner or travel companion as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF A PRIZE WINNER’S OR TRAVEL COMPANION’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and in the event of cancellation, the prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor, Administrator, Spredfast, Inc., and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator. Sponsor's or Administrator's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation up to the time of the impairment.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor, Administrator, Spredfast, Inc., and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the "Released Parties") are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of the prize. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. Publicity: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNER GRANTS TO SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR), AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO THEIR AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, WINNER'S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, ENTRY, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii or the appropriate State Court located in Hawaii; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Hawaii, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Hawaii or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Hawaii.
12. Official Rules and Winner List: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit HawaiianAirlines.com/OfficialRules. For winner’s name, available for ninety (90) days after May 25, 2019, send an email to: Winners@dja.com with WINNER & ‘01-2444-02 – Boston’ as the subject line. Winner List will be sent after the prize has been awarded.