Customer Service Plan
Hawaiian Airlines will:
- disclose on our website, at the ticket counter, or when a guest calls our reservation center to inquire about a fare or to make a reservation, that the lowest fare offered may be available elsewhere if that is the case;
- deliver baggage on time, including making every reasonable effort to return mishandled baggage to guests within twenty-four hours of flight arrival, compensating guests for reasonable expenses that result due to delay in delivery of baggage for domestic flights and as required by applicable international agreements for international flights, and reimbursing guests for any fee charged to transport a bag if that bag is lost;
- allow guests to cancel reservations made 7 or more days prior to departure without penalty if requested within 24 hours of purchase.
- provide prompt refunds where ticket refunds are due, within 7 business days for credit card purchases, and within 20 days after receiving a complete refund request for cash and check purchases, including refunding fees charged to a guest for optional services that the guest was unable to use due to an over-sale situation or flight cancellation;
- properly accommodate guests with disabilities, as required and other special-needs guests as set forth in our policies and procedures, including during lengthy tarmac delays;
- meet guests; essential needs during lengthy tarmac delays as provided for in Hawaiian’s Tarmac Delay Contingency plan;
- handle ‘‘bumped’’ guests with fairness and consistency in the case of oversales as described in Hawaiian’s policies and procedures for determining boarding priority;
- disclose our cancellation policies, frequent flyer rules, aircraft seating configuration, and lavatory availability on the Hawaiian Airlines website, and upon request, from our telephone reservations staff;
- for flight cancellations caused by Hawaiian Airlines, offer full refunds for those guests who choose not to travel. Otherwise, we will rebook you on the next Hawaiian Airlines flight at no additional cost to you. If no Hawaiian flights are available until the next day, we will rebook you on another partner carrier at no additional cost to you if it is available. For significant delays caused by Hawaiian Airlines, we will rebook you on the next Hawaiian Airlines flight at no additional cost to you if it is available. If it is not available, we may rebook you on another partner carrier at no additional cost to you. If we do not accommodate you on another flight within three hours or for delays more than three hours caused by Hawaiian Airlines, we will provide you with a meal voucher to use at the airport. If we cause a cancellation or flight delay more than three hours in the overnight hours (10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.) and you do not reside in the departure city, we will provide complimentary hotel accommodations and transportation to and from the hotel. If we are unable to secure hotel and/or transportation accommodations for you, we will reimburse you for reasonable expenses if you provide us with copies of your receipts. When long delays or cancellations significantly impact our guests, we may issue compensation (in the form of travel credits, miles, or reimbursement of reasonable expenses) as appropriate to the specific circumstances.
- Within five days of departure, notify guests in a timely manner of changes in their travel itineraries if they have booked directly with us and provided accurate contact information. We will also promptly update flight information on our website and app so guests may monitor their flight status., For any changes in flight status such as delays, cancellations and diversions of 30 minutes or more. Hawaiian will notify guests within 30 minutes of Hawaiian Airlines becoming aware of such flight status change;
- ensure responsiveness to guests’ problems and inform guests of services we provide to mitigate passenger inconveniences resulting from flight cancellations, delays, and misconnections.
Guests who wish to reach the Department of Transportation, may contact the United States Department of Transportation at:
- Hotline for Air Travelers with Disabilities at 1-800-778-4838 (voice) or 1-800-455-9880 (TTY)
- Aviation Consumer Protection Division at 202-366-2220 (voice) or 202-366-0511 (TTY)
- Air Consumer Protection Division, C-75, U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE., West Building, Room W96-432, Washington, DC 20590
- Aviation Consumer Protection Division's Web site (airconsumer.ost.dot.gov or www.transportation.gov/airconsumer)
For comprehensive information of services offered by Hawaiian Airlines, please visit our Guests with Disabilities Help Page. If you require additional information, please contact our Reservations Department at 1-800-367-5320 (For guests with hearing or speech disabilities (TTY): Dial 711 for relay services) or you may submit a request online for assistance.