NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED. STANDARD DATA CHARGES MAY APPLY.
1. Eligibility: CeLEIbrate Aloha (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Australia, Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec), New Zealand, the fifty (50) United States (District of Columbia) who are at least the age of majority (at least eighteen (18) years old or older depending on your place of legal residence) at the time of entry. Employees of Hawaiian Airlines, Inc., Spredfast, Inc. (“Spredfast”), HelloWorld, Inc., and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, grandparents, siblings, grandchildren and children) and household members (whether or not related) of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Hawaiian Airlines, Inc., 3375 Koapaka Street, G-350, Honolulu, HI 96819,USA.
Administrator: Spredfast, Inc., 200 W Cesar Chavez Ste 600 Austin TX 78704, USA.
Prize Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Floor 21, Southfield, MI 48075, USA.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on 1 May 2018 at 12:00 a.m. United States Hawaiian Time ("HT"), ends on 8 June 2018 at 11:59 p.m. HT (the "Contest Period”) and includes a Submission Period and Public Voting Period as set forth below. Please see world clock for time zone information. Entrant is responsible for determining the corresponding time in entrant’s jurisdiction. The servers of Twitter, Instagram and Administrator are the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
|Phase||Starts at 12:00 a.m HT||Ends at 11:59 p.m. HT|
|Contest Submission Period||1 May 2018||20 May 2018|
|Public Voting Phase||28 May 2018||8 June 2018|
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Submission Period, you can enter by uploading a photo and caption that represents “sharing aloha” on the “Promotional Site” at HawaiianAirlines.com/CeLeiBrateAloha, or by posting on Twitter or Instagram. As Lei Day is the holiday in which lei is given to symbolize the act of living and sharing aloha, your submission featuring the idea of “sharing aloha” could include examples of how you’ve been impacted or have impacted others, by this gesture of “aloha.” In the literal sense, “aloha” means hello, goodbye, or love and affection, but also represents a way of life – treating others with love, care, kindness and respect; living in harmony and spreading this lifestyle with the world.
(a) Enter on the Promotional Site: Visit the Promotional Site and (1) Follow @HawaiianAir on Twitter, or Follow @HawaiianAirlines on Instagram, or “Like” Hawaiian Airlines on Facebook; and (2) follow the links and instructions to complete the online registration form including your name, valid email address, username for the “Social Network” that you selected to follow/like, Country, postal code, and then upload your photo and a caption that explains how you “share aloha”;
(b) Enter by posting on Twitter or Instagram (herein your “Social Account”): Your Social Account must be unprotected or public in order for your Tweets or Instagram posts to be viewable by Sponsor. Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data rates may apply. If entering via a mobile device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply.
Instagram: To enter, follow @HawaiianAirlines and post photo on Instagram and include hashtags #CeLEIbrateAloha and #Contest and a caption that explains how you “share aloha”; OR
Twitter: To enter, follow @HawaiianAir and Tweet your photo and include the hashtags #CeLEIbrateAloha and #Contest and a caption that explains how you “share aloha.”
Your photo and caption will herein be referred to as your “Submission.” By entering you agree that your Submission conforms to the following entry requirements and its use by Sponsor. Sponsor may disqualify you or your Submission for failure to conform to the following:
Submission Guidelines and Restrictions:
- The Submission may not include a collage or carousel of images or video; only a single image is permitted;
- The Submission must meet format requirements of the Social Account used;
- The Submission (if entry on the Promotional Site) my not exceed 3MB and must be one of the following file types: .jpg, .jpeg, .gif or .png;
- The Submission must include a caption written in English; and
- The Submission, if using a Social Account, must include the hashtags #CeLEIbrateAloha and #Contest.
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from any recognizable individuals who appear in the Submission to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. Minors may only be included in the Submission if entrant is their parent or legal guardian. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not contain content created by a third party, such as images or artwork;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
- Other Entry Restrictions:Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the Social Account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address used to enter or the email address associated with the Social Account. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
- Sponsor's Use of Submissions: Posting or uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
Limit: Each entrant may upload one (1) Submission by each method of entry during the Contest Submission Period and therefore up to three (3) entries. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Submissions become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions or failure to receive Submissions due to limitation of third-party social network platforms; all of which will be void.
6. Winner Determination:
a. Judging: Chance plays no part in determining the Finalists and winners.After the conclusion of the Contest Submission Period, a panel of qualified judges will score all eligible Submissions based upon the following Judging Criteria:
- Creativity (50%);
- Captures the “Share Aloha” theme (50%).
Subject to the entrants’ compliance with these Official Rules, the three (3) entrants whose Submissions receive the highest scores will be deemed the Finalists. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for "Captures the “Share Aloha” theme,” as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the Finalist from amongst the tied entrants. Decisions of the Sponsor and judges are final and binding. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
b. Voting Phase: During the Voting Phase, the Finalists' Submissions will be posted in an online gallery for public voting on the Promotional Site. Persons who meet the eligibility criteria as set forth in Section 1 will be permitted to vote for the Submission they believe has the most public appeal. Limit: Each person may vote one (1) time per day during the Voting Phase. Multiple votes received from any person or email address in excess of the stated number will be void. Any attempt by any Finalist or voter to obtain votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, by using any automated program, by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void those votes for the Finalist's Submission and Finalist may be disqualified as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Subject to the Finalist’s compliance with these Official Rules, the Finalist whose Submission receives the highest number of valid votes during the Voting Phase will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. The Finalist with the next highest number of valid votes will be deemed the potential First Prize winner and the remaining Finalist will be deemed the potential Second Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for Captures the “Share Aloha” theme, as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner from amongst the tied Finalists. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate Grand Prize winner should the voting appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way.
7. Winner Requirements: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email or through the Social Account used on or around 12 June 2018. The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to verify eligibility and to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release ("Declaration"), which must be received by Sponsor within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information, within the required time period (if/as applicable), does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize notification or prize itself is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up (Finalist who receives the next highest number of valid votes).
8. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Winner will receive 200,000 Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles, four (4) nights' accommodations (single room, double occupancy) at Sheraton Waikīkī, and use of the RumFire Cabana and dining credit of $150 USD.
HawaiianMiles Terms: Sponsor will deposit the miles directly into winner’s HawaiianMiles account. Potential winner must establish a free Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles account if he or she does not already have such an account. HawaiianMiles accounts are free and easy to open, but the account and use of the HawaiianMiles are subject to the program’s terms and conditions: HawaiianAirlines.com/Legal/HawaiianMiles-Terms-and-Conditions. Miles will be fulfilled within approximately 8-10 weeks after winner confirmation and winner opening a HawaiianMiles account. If winner fails to redeem miles or earn additional miles for eighteen (18) consecutive months, Sponsor will expire the miles accrued on winner’s HawaiianMiles account.
Sheraton Waikiki Room Night Terms & Conditions
All prizes are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. Certain restrictions, expiration dates and blackout dates may apply. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, tips, entertainment, transfers, and any additional transportation are each winner's sole responsibility. Certificate not redeemable for cash. No cash or credit given on any unused amount. Based on single/double occupancy.
Cabana and Dining Terms & Conditions
All prizes are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. Certain restrictions, expiration dates and blackout dates may apply. Prize includes use of a cabana and a $150 dining credit at RumFire Waikiki. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above or over $150, including, but not limited to, taxes, tips, and any additional food and beverage spend are each winner's sole responsibility. Maximum amount of people the prize cabana can accommodate is six. Certificate not redeemable for cash. No cash or credit given on any unused amount.
No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by Sponsor as detailed in the passenger ticket contract and the HawaiianMiles program’s terms and conditions. Hawaiian Airlines operates flights out of select major domestic airports (“Hawaiian Airlines gateway airports”); winner will be responsible for all necessary travel to a Hawaiian Airlines gateway airport. All expenses and incidental travel costs including but not limited to, ground transportation, travel to a Hawaiian Airlines gateway airport, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor in his/her place of residence, travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion must execute liability waiver/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $10,730 USD (or approximately $13,787 CAD, $13,886 AUD, $14,774 NZD). Actual value may vary based on currency exchange rates. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
ONE (1) FIRST PRIZE: A “Hawaiian Airlines” prize package valued at $100 USD. Prize package will include a variety of Hawaiian Airlines logoed merchandise selected by Sponsor. ARV: $100 USD (or approximately $130 CAD, $129 AUD, $138 NZD).
ONE (1) SECOND PRIZE: A “Hawaiian Airlines” prize package valued at $50 USD. Prize package will include a variety of Hawaiian Airlines logoed merchandise selected by Sponsor. ARV: $50 USD (or approximately $65 CAD, $64 AUD, $69 NZD).
Prizes are non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, non-negotiable, non-refundable and no substitution will be made except as outlined above or provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
9. U.S. Tax Liability: If the winner is a resident of the United States, he/she will receive an IRS form 1099 and will be responsible for all taxes associated with acceptance of the prize. If a winner is not a resident of the United States, Sponsor will gross up the prize value in an amount to satisfy the 30% withholding requirement. The withholding amount will be submitted to the US taxing authority IRS (the United States tax agency) as required by law and winner will receive a U.S tax form 1042 from the Administrator reflecting the total value of the prize, including the gross up amount and the withholding amount submitted to the IRS will be noted separately. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, Prize Administrator, Twitter, Inc., Instagram LLC, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or useor misuse of any prize, including any related travel.
11. Publicity Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Except as to Australian and New Zealand consumers, all Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any right or remedy, or any guarantee, warranty or other term or condition, implied or imposed by any legislation which cannot lawfully be excluded or limited.
13. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (d) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Captions the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (e) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or useor misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan, USA; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan, USA.
15. Entrant's Personal Information:
- Location of Privacy Statement.All personal information will be treated in accordance with the Sponsor’s privacy statement, available at HawaiianAirlines.com/AboutUs/Privacy.
- Collection of Personal Information.Administrator will be collecting personal information (where entrant entered through the Promotional Site) and providing it to Sponsor as necessary for purposes of administering the Contest.
- Purpose of Collection:Your personal information is collected in order to administer the Contest and communicate with you about your Submission.If the entrant does not provide personal information that is requested, the entrant may be unable to participate in the Contest and the Sponsor may determine that they are ineligible to win a prize.
- Entities to Which Your Personal Information May be Disclosed:Your personal information may be disclosed to Sponsor’s agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers, and, as required, to regulatory authorities in Australia, the United States, Canada or New Zealand.
- Access to Personal Information: You have the right to access and correct your personal information or to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or any other applicable law. Entrants may request such action by emailing Sponsor at Mahalo@HawaiianAir.com.
- Disclosure Overseas:The personal information submitted, received, or collected in connection with the Contest may be stored on Sponsor's servers in the United States of America and its use there for the purposes of administering this Contest and associated processing (e.g., but not limited to back-up, archiving).
16. Severability: If the application of any provision of these Official Rules to any particular facts or circumstances shall for any reason be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court, arbitration panel or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction, then (a) the validity, legality and enforceability of such provision as applied to any other particular facts or circumstances, and the other provisions of these Official Rules, shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby; and (b) such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent possible. In addition, if any provision contained in these Official Rules shall for any reason be held to be excessively broad as to duration, geographical scope, activity or subject, it shall be construed by limiting and reducing it, so as to be enforceable to the extent compatible with applicable law.
17. Winners List: For a winners list, Bit.ly/2Fi78oO after winners have been confirmed.
© 2018 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.