Updated: December 15, 2022
The 2023 program is slated to be our largest yet with interns across a wide variety departments. Please use the link below to navigate to our internship job board where you can view all opportunities this summer.Internship Job Board
The Hawaiian Airlines Internship is 10 weeks in length with two separate start dates to accommodate a wide range of students. Program dates are as follows:
- Session 1 – 5/31/23 – 8/4/23
- Session 2 – 6/27/23 – 9/1/23
Hawaiian Airlines is seeking interns who demonstrate and exhibit HA's purpose and values:
- Our purpose - To connect people with Aloha
- Our values - Malama (Care), Hookipa (Hospitality), Lokahi (Collaboration) and Pookela (Excellence)
Program Minimum Requirements
- Eligible to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university OR received undergraduate degree no earlier than December, 2022.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at time of application (transcripts will be required)
- Available to fully participate in the entire duration of the internship program in either Session 1 (Wednesday, May 31 – Friday, August 4) or Session 2 (Tuesday, June 27 – Friday, September 1)
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Passionate about innovation, service, aviation and Hawaiian Airlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytical, strong problem-solving skills, organized and detail oriented
- Able to work well on teams and take initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint (there are additional programs that proficiency will be required based on the department.)
- Able to handle confidential information and be professional
Additional minimum requirements and preferred qualifications may vary by team. Please review each job posting for those requirements and qualifications.
Pay & Benefits
Pay for the internship varies by department – IT positions pay rate is $25/hr and all other positions are $20/hr.
Interns are eligible for individual flight benefits on Hawaiian Airlines flights, medical coverage, and may contribute into a 401k plan. If travel to or from the internship is needed, we will provide a confirmed ticket from a Hawaiian Airlines destination gateway city. Any additional housing or relocation costs are the responsibility of each individual.