Hawai`i flies with us
Flights from San Francisco to Hawaii
Search cheap flights from San Francisco to Hawaii. Use our fare calendar to find convenient flights from San Diego to Honolulu. Our easy-to-use flight search makes booking a flight to Hawaii fast and easy!
San Francisco to Honolulu Flights with Hawaiian Airlines
When flying from SFO to HNL, the City by the Bay, San Francisco and the City by the Beach, Honolulu, it’s best to fly with Hawaiian Airlines. We pride ourselves as being one of the best in the business when it comes to customer service. Our authentic Hawaiian hospitality will make you feel like you’re in Hawaii before your plane even departs San Mateo County. When your aircraft lifts off from San Francisco International Airport and you actually get started on your adventure to Honolulu, it’s time to sit back, relax and get into vacation mode, because when you’re flying with us, Hawaii starts the moment you get on the plane.
Flying to Hawaii
What is the distance between San Francisco and Honolulu?
San Francisco is one of the closer U.S. cities in terms of proximity to Honolulu, and the distance from San Francisco to Hawaii is a brisk 2,393 miles. With the handful of hours in the air, the non-stop flight provides a good opportunity to brush up on your Hawaiian language, olelo Hawaii, via the airline’s Learn Olelo Hawaii in-flight videos. Hawaiian Airlines also offers complimentary issues of Hana Hou Magazine—a Honolulu-based travelogue that features stories and articles relating to the islands—to passengers, which will make your San Francisco to Honolulu flight go that much smoother.
Do I need a passport to travel to Hawaii?
Fortunately, no passport is needed when making the jump from San Francisco to Hawaii, which became a state in 1959. What will you need when you arrive at Honolulu International Airport? An extra towel—or two—for the beach will definitely come in handy. A hoodie or rain jacket, for the trade winds and high-altitude locales. And, in case it’s been awhile since you’ve experienced copious amounts of tropical sunlight, bring lots and lots of reef-safe sunscreen.
San Francisco to Honolulu Flight Facts.
Need help getting into vacation-mode on your SFO to HNL flight? Our custom cocktails by On the Rocks offers locally inspired cocktails and mai tais. Passengers will also be treated to our award-winning in-flight meal service on non-stop flight to the islands which is crafted by chef Lee Anne Wong, who runs her own award-winning restaurant in Honolulu—Koko Head Cafe—that you can visit when you arrive.
Does Oahu have an off-season?
While Oahu is known as The Gathering Place, and a constant thrum of visitors and travelers can be found in its idyllic streets and beach side towns, there are slightly less crowded times to fly from SFO to Oahu. Expect good deals on flights and emptier beaches from April through May, and September through October.
FAQs for booking flights from San Francisco to Honolulu
- What airports serve San Francisco and Honolulu?
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is San Francisco’s primary airport, while Honolulu is served by the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL).
- How early should I arrive at San Francisco International Airport before my flight to Honolulu?
- Hawaiian Airlines recommends that flyers arrive at San Francisco International Airport 2 hours and 30 minutes prior to their flight departure time, and you can speed up your check-in process with Hawaiian Airlines' handy mobile app.
- How long is the flight from San Francisco to Hawaii?
- Depending on where you’re headed, flight times can vary. Flying nonstop to Honolulu normally takes on average under six hours, and travelers will fly about 2,340 miles.
- What is the time difference between San Francisco and Hawaii?
- San Francisco is two to three hours ahead of Hawaii, based on the time of year.
- What is the best month to go to Honolulu?
- Summer and even winter are always great seasons for enjoying the exceptional beaches and outdoors of Oahu though any time of the year is a great time to visit Hawaii.
- When is the best time to book a flight from San Francisco to Honolulu?
- It’s always the best time to book a flight to Honolulu with Hawaiian Airlines, which will find you the best fares on airfare when you use the Hawaiian Airlines website or mobile app.
- Does Hawaiian Airline's main cabin basic offer lower fares on flights from San Francisco to Hawaii?
- For the best price on airfare, booking a Main Cabin Basic fare is a great option. Certain limitations do apply, however, and you’ll want to read up on them at https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/our-services/products-and-programs/main-cabin.
- Does Hawaiian Airlines offer a direct flight from San Francisco to Honolulu daily?
- Hawaiian Airlines offers a non-stop flight from San Francisco to Honolulu daily.
- Are there any direct flights from San Francisco to other Hawaiian islands besides Honolulu?
- Hawaiian Airlines also offers non-stop flights from San Francisco to Maui.
- How long are flights between Honolulu and neighbor islands?
- Interisland flights generally take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes on average.
- What's the best seat on the plane for breathtaking views as you approach Honolulu?
- A window seat facing Honolulu will give you magnificent sights as you approach the island of Oahu.
- What is the weather like in Honolulu during my travel dates, and what should I pack accordingly?
- Oahu offers tropical weather, meaning you’ll experience a lot of sunny days and a few passing showers, so be sure to bring a hoodie or a light jacket with you on your trip.