Rule 105: Acceptance of Pets and Animals
- Full Text
- Rule 1: Definitions
- Rule 2: Standard Format of Electronic Rules
- Rule 4: Restricted Items
- Rule 5: Application of Tariff
- Rule 8: Guests with Disabilities Portable Oxygen Concentrators and Oxygen Service
- Rule 10: Special Airport Lounge Facilities
- Rule 25: Refusal to Transport - Limitations of Carrier
- Rule 35: Passenger Expenses En Route
- Rule 40: Taxes
- Rule 45: Administrative Formalities - Passports, Visas, and Tourist Cards
- Rule 55: Liability of Carriers
- Rule 56: Service Animals
- Rule 60: Reservations
- Rule 65: Tickets
- Rule 76: Returned Check Charge
- Rule 80: Revised Routings, Failure to Carry, and Missed Connections
- Rule 85: Schedules, Delays, and Cancellation of Flights
- Rule 87: Denied Boarding Compensation
- Rule 90: Refunds
- Rule 95: Amenities/Services for Delayed Passengers
- Rule 97: Acceptance of Baggage
- Rule 100: Conditions and Charges for Acceptance of Special Items
- Rule 105: Acceptance of Pets and Animals
- Rule 110: Checked and Carry-On Baggage
- Rule 115: Baggage Allowance
- Rule 123: Excess Baggage Charges
- Rule 125: Excess Value Charges for Baggage
- Rule 130: Fares
- Rule 135: Stopovers
- Rule 140: Routings
- Rule 200: Acceptance of Children
- Rule 500: Passengers On Stretchers
General Conditions Of Acceptance
- Pets, limited to dogs, cats and household birds, when
properly crated and accompanied by valid health and
rabies vaccination certificates, entry permits and other
documents required by countries of entry or transit will
be accepted for carriage subject to the following
requirements. Pets will be accepted as baggage only when
accompanied by a passenger traveling on the same
EXCEPTION 1: This rule does not apply to the transportation of live animals pursuant to Rule 56 of this tariff.
EXCEPTION 2: This rule does not apply to flights originating from or departing to French Polynesia, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, and China. Pets are not accepted as checked baggage on flights originating from or departing to these countries.
EXCEPTION 3: Brachycephalic (short-nosed) dogs and cats will be accepted for transportation on HA if the owner/shipper agrees to (1) release Hawaiian from any and all liability resulting from the transportation of the animal and (2) not file any claim with Hawaiian relating to the transportation of the animal. The owner/shipper must sign a liability release form prior to HA accepting the animal for transport.
- Advanced arrangements must be made.
- The animal must be harmless, inoffensive, and odorless and require no attention during transit.
- The animal must be confined in a kennel subject to inspection and approval by the carrier prior to acceptance.
- The passenger must make all arrangements and assume full responsibility for complying with any applicable laws, customs and/or other governmental regulations, requirements or restrictions of the country, state or territory to which the animal is being transported.
- Carriage of animals is limited to one animal per container and one kennel per passenger except that two kittens or two puppies at least 8 weeks of age will be permitted in a single container providing they do not exceed a total weight of 25 lbs. Carrier will limit the number of containers carried on any flight in order to ensure the safety and well being of any animal transported.
- Household Birds will be accepted at the airport ticket counter only and will be permitted to be transported in the baggage compartment only of the aircraft, provided all required entry documentation accompanies the bird upon check-in.
- Carrier will refuse acceptance of an animal as
checked baggage if the local temperature at the origin,
destination, or connecting airports exceeds
85 degrees Fahrenheit/29 degrees Celsius or falls below
45 degrees Fahrenheit/7 degrees Celsius. The
temperature at the time the animal is tendered for
acceptance will be used as the determining factor.
Note 1: Animals will not be accepted for check-in to a city that is under a seasonal pet acceptance embargo.
If HA is unable to accept an animal due to temperature restrictions, the customer may rebook to the next flight with availability for the customer and animal in the original booking class, subject to all conditions of this rule. Any applicable fare differences or date change penalties will be waived for the customer only. Applicable charges for carriage of the animal will apply.
- Pets, limited to dogs, cats and household birds, when properly crated and accompanied by valid health and rabies vaccination certificates, entry permits and other documents required by countries of entry or transit will be accepted for carriage subject to the following requirements. Pets will be accepted as baggage only when accompanied by a passenger traveling on the same aircraft.
Pets in the Cabin
Kennel and Animal Storage
Maximum Hard-Sided Kennel Size for Animals Checked as Baggage:
The kennel must not exceed the following dimensions:
KENNEL SIZE (IN INCHES) AIRCRAFT TYPE LENGTH WIDTH HEIGHT 767 40 27 30
The animal and its kennel will not be included in determining the free baggage allowance and will always be subject to a [R] $225.00 charge.