Rule 200: Acceptance of Children
- Full Text
- Rule 1: Definitions
- Rule 2: Standard Format of Electronic Rules – For Tariff Filing
- Rule 4: Restricted Items
- Rule 5: Application of Tariff
- Rule 8: Guests with Disabilities and Portable Oxygen Concentrators
- Rule 10: Special Airport Lounge Facilities
- Rule 25: Refusal to Transport - Limitations of Carrier
- Rule 35: Passenger Expenses En Route
- Rule 40: Taxes
- Rule 45: Administrative Formalities - Passports, Visas, and Tourist Cards
- Rule 55: Liability of Carriers
- Rule 56: Service Animals
- Rule 60: Reservations
- Rule 65: Tickets
- Rule 76: Returned Check Charge
- Rule 80: Revised Routings, Failure to Carry, and Missed Connections
- Rule 85: Schedules, Delays, and Cancellation of Flights
- Rule 87: Denied Boarding Compensation
- Rule 90: Refunds
- Rule 95: Amenities/Services for Delayed Passengers
- Rule 97: Acceptance of Baggage
- Rule 100: Conditions and Charges for Acceptance of Special Items
- Rule 105: No Acceptance of Pets For International Travel
- Rule 110: Checked and Carry-On Baggage
- Rule 115: Baggage Allowance
- Rule 123: Excess Baggage Charges
- Rule 125: Excess Value Charges for Baggage
- Rule 130: Fares
- Rule 135: Stopovers
- Rule 140: Routings
- Rule 200: Acceptance of Children
- Rule 500: Passengers On Stretchers
- Accompanied Children and Infants
Children who have not yet reached 12 years of age are accepted for transportation when accompanied on the same flight and in the same compartment by a passenger at least 18 years of age. Accompanied infants under the age of two not occupying a seat will be charged a percentage of the adult fare.
- Children ages 2-11 occupying a seat may qualify for a discount off the adult fare. NOTE: A child who reaches the age of two after travel has commenced may travel as a lap child on flights before his/her birthday but will be required to purchase a seat for portions of travel that take place on/after their birthday.
- Only one infant lap child is permitted to be accompanied by a passenger who has paid the applicable adult fare and at the applicable infant’s charge. NOTE: More than one infant accompanied by an adult passenger will be charged the accompanied children’s fare. Children 12 years of age or older shall pay the applicable full adult fare.
- Unaccompanied children under 12 are not permitted.
NOTE: Minors who have reached 12 years of age may travel unaccompanied.
- Minors under the age of 18 who are traveling with only one parent or neither parent may be required to have additional documentation if leaving their country of residence or arriving in a country of which they are not a resident. Customers should contact the Consulate of the country to which the minor is traveling for additional information.
- Emergency Contact Information
- Children under the age of 18 traveling accompanied but without both parents must provide HA with emergency contact information.
- Children ages of 12 -17 traveling unaccompanied must provide HA with emergency contact information.