Travel Agent Program
Updated: January 23, 2018
Indirect EMD Policy
- Extra Comfort seating are only available on flights operated by Hawaiian Airlines. Extra Comfort Seats will not be available on codeshare flights.
- Extra Comfort seats will be available for sale 330 days prior to departure or upon check-in within 24 hours of departure online, at the airport self-service kiosk, or with an airport customer service agent. The number of Extra Comfort seats available for advance sale prior to check-in is limited.
- Extra Comfort features differ according to flight destination.
- Extra Comfort Seats are sold and purchased per passenger per flight and are limited and subject to availability.
- Prices, offers, rules, and benefits are subject to change.
- Extra Comfort Seats are non-transferable and are only valid for the flight purchased. Specific seat assignments are not guaranteed.
- Extra Comfort Seat purchases are final and are not subject to increases or decreases should the Extra Comfort Seat rate change.
- Extra Comfort Seat purchases are non-refundable.
- Customers who have purchased an Extra Comfort Seat and voluntarily make changes to their reservation or seat are not eligible for a refund. However, if an Extra Comfort Seat is available on the new flight, the customer may secure the Extra Comfort Seat using the original form of payment.
- Guests who have purchased an Extra Comfort Seat and elect to change to a non-Extra Comfort Seat on the same flight will not be entitled to a refund of the original Extra Comfort Seat purchase.
- Guests who have purchased an Extra Comfort Seat that are impacted by a Hawaiian Airlines initiated flight and seat change, equipment change, routing change, or flight cancellation are eligible for a refund if Hawaiian Airlines is unable to accommodate the customer in another Extra Comfort Seat. The refund will be initiated by Hawaiian Airlines on the customer's behalf.
- When an Extra Comfort Seat is added to the reservation after ticketing and payment is not collected, customer will be prompted for payment upon check-in.
- Guests seated in the bulkhead row may be reassigned to accommodate passengers with disabilities.
- Guests seated in an exit row must meet the FAA requirements including: Must be willing and able to assist; Must be 15 years of age or older; Adults must not be travelling with children under the age of 15; Must speak English and be able to comprehend the instructions to operate the emergency exit.
- Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to move any customer who has purchased an Extra Comfort Seat or from any seat for operational or security reasons. This includes customers who do not meet exit row eligibility requirements. The customer may request a refund of the Extra Comfort Seat from a customer service agent at the airport.
- Extra Comfort seats may be purchased up to one (1) hour prior to departure.
- Extra Comfort seats are subject to Hawaiian Airlines minimum check-in times. Extra Comfort seats are subject to cancellation unless you have checked in (obtained a boarding pass) at least 60 minutes before scheduled departure. You must be present at the departure gate and ready to board at least 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure time to retain your reservations and Extra Comfort seat.
- Hawaiian Airlines expressly reserves the right in its absolute discretion to discontinue Extra Comfort Seats at any time or to refuse to sell an Extra Comfort Seat to any specific passenger, or if sold, to cancel an Extra Comfort Seat and refund the purchased price. Hawaiian Airlines will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a purchaser resulting from such refusal, cancellation, or denial.
- Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to remove any customer who has purchased an Extra Comfort Seat for inappropriate behaviour, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent.
- When processing exchanges, refer to your Hawaiian Airlines information page on your GDS portal for instructions.
- Twenty four (24) hour ticket time limit rule applies for EMDs.
- EMD voids are subject to ARC/BSP standard ticketing rules.