- Full Text
- Rule 1: Definitions
- Rule 2: General Provisions
- Rule 3: Reservations and Ticketing
- Rule 4: Cancellation of Reservations
- Rule 5: Tickets and Flight Coupons
- Rule 6: Fares
- Rule 7: Check Acceptance
- Rule 8: Guests with Disabilities; Portable Oxygen Concentrators and Oxygen Service
- Rule 9: Wheelchairs and Other Assistive Devices
- Rule 10: Service Animals and Support Animals
- Rule 11: Screening of Guests and Baggage
- Rule 12: Acceptance of Children and Infants
- Rule 13: Refusal to Transport
- Rule 14: No-Smoking Policy
- Rule 15: Codeshare Flights
- Rule 16: Interline Transportation
- Rule 17: Carry-On Baggage
- Rule 18: Checked Baggage
- Rule 19: Acceptance of Dogs, Cats, and Birds for Travel
- Rule 20: Liability and Claims
- Rule 21: Flight Delays, Changes, Cancellations, and Aircraft Changes
- Rule 22: Denied Boarding and Compensation Due to Oversales
- Rule 23: Rerouting
- Rule 24: Refunds
- Rule 25: Customer Relations
NOTE: For Codeshare Flights, please see Rule 15 Codeshare Flights.
In some cases, we may issue a Ticket, check baggage, or make other arrangements for transportation over the lines of another air carrier, which are not Codeshare Flights. We refer to these situations as interline arrangements performed by interline carriers. For interline arrangements, we act only as an agent for that other carrier, and we do not assume any responsibility for the acts or omissions of the other carrier. This includes, for example, any acts or omissions relating to flight status information, any travel delays, and any other situations that arise from their flight operations.
Transportation on any interline carrier is governed by that carrier’s contract or conditions of carriage. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DEATH OR INJURY TO ANY GUEST THAT OCCURS ON A FLIGHT THAT WE DO NOT OPERATE. If we operate any flight as part of another carrier’s interline arrangement, then your transportation is governed by our Contract of Carriage, except in the following areas where the other carrier’s rules may apply:
- Baggage acceptance, policies, and fees including, but not limited to, size, weight, and quantity, as well as acceptance of certain items, including musical instruments.
- Carriage of Unaccompanied Minors and/or young adults.
- Carriage of pets in the cabin of the aircraft.
- Policies for carriage of pregnant guests.
- Changes, cancellations, and refunds.
For example, the DOT requires that baggage service charges for your entire itinerary are determined by the marketing carrier for the first segment of your itinerary. That carrier is the airline whose flight number is assigned to the first segment of your itinerary. If we are not that carrier, then different charges may apply. Baggage service charges are those in effect on the date of ticketing.
For more information, please see the contract of carriage or conditions of carriage of the relevant interline carrier.