Rule 23: Rerouting
- Full Text
- Rule 1: Definitions
- Rule 2: General Provisions
- Rule 3: Reservations and Ticketing
- Rule 4: Cancellation of Reservations
- Rule 5: Tickets and Flight Coupons
- Rule 6: Fares
- Rule 7: Check Acceptance
- Rule 8: Guests with Disabilities; Portable Oxygen Concentrators and Oxygen Service
- Rule 9: Wheelchairs and Other Assistive Devices
- Rule 10: Service Animals and Support Animals
- Rule 11: Screening of Guests and Baggage
- Rule 12: Acceptance of Children and Infants
- Rule 13: Refusal to Transport
- Rule 14: No-Smoking Policy
- Rule 15: Codeshare Flights
- Rule 16: Interline Transportation
- Rule 17: Carry-On Baggage
- Rule 18: Checked Baggage
- Rule 19: Acceptance of Dogs, Cats, and Birds for Travel
- Rule 20: Liability and Claims
- Rule 21: Flight Delays, Changes, Cancellations, and Aircraft Changes
- Rule 22: Denied Boarding and Compensation Due to Oversales
- Rule 23: Rerouting
- Rule 24: Refunds
- Rule 25: Customer Relations
- GENERAL RULE. Unless the fare you purchased does not allow for reroute, we will reroute you at your request upon the following terms and conditions when you (i) provide us with your unused Ticket or remaining unused portion of your Ticket and (ii) pay any applicable fees, charges, and fare differentials relating to rerouting you.
- SPECIAL RULES
- Unless provided otherwise in accordance with Rule 21: Flight Delays, Changes, Cancellations, and Aircraft Changes, the fare and charges applicable to your requested rerouting or change in your ultimate destination made prior to your arrival at your ultimate destination named on the original Ticket, will be the fare and charges that would have been applicable had the original Ticket designated the routing and/or ultimate destination of the new revised Ticket. Any difference between the fare and charges applicable to the new revised Ticket and the fare and charges applicable to the original Ticket issued to the guest will be collected from or refunded to the guest, as the case may be.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of this Rule 23, we will not accept for any purposes under this Rule 23, any guest Tickets or related transportation documents issued by any carrier which is in substantial default of its interline obligations (“Defaulting Carrier”).However, Tickets issued by the Defaulting Carrier or its sales agent prior to the default will be accepted solely for transportation over the lines of Hawaiian provided that the Tickets were issued by the Defaulting Carrier in its capacity as agent for Hawaiian and specified transportation via Hawaiian. When Tickets are accepted, no adjustments in fare will be made that would require us to refund money to you.
- We shall have no obligation to honor another carrier’s Ticket that does not reflect a confirmed reserved space on Hawaiian.However, in this event, we may accept the other carrier’s ticket for travel as stated or reroute you only over our own lines between the points named on the original Ticket.