Rule 4: Cancellation of Reservations
- Full Text
- Rule 1: Definitions
- Rule 2: General Provisions
- Rule 3: Reservations and Ticketing
- Rule 4: Cancellation of Reservations
- Rule 5: Tickets and Flight Coupons
- Rule 6: Fares
- Rule 7: Check Acceptance
- Rule 8: Guests with Disabilities and Breathing Devices
- Rule 9: Wheelchairs and Other Assistive Devices
- Rule 10: Service Animals
- Rule 11: Screening of Guests and Baggage
- Rule 12: Acceptance of Children and Infants
- Rule 13: Refusal to Transport
- Rule 14: No-Smoking Policy
- Rule 15: Codeshare Flights
- Rule 16: Interline Transportation
- Rule 17: Carry-On Baggage
- Rule 18: Checked Baggage
- Rule 19: Acceptance of Dogs, Cats, and Household Birds for Travel
- Rule 20: Liability and Claims
- Rule 21: Flight Delays, Changes, Cancellations, and Aircraft Changes
- Rule 22: Denied Boarding and Compensation Due to Oversales
- Rule 23: Rerouting
- Rule 24: Refunds
- Rule 25: Customer Relations
We may cancel your complete reservation for any of the following reasons, whether your reservation is confirmed or not, and whether you have completed any portion of travel covered under your reservation:
- FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. We may cancel your reservation: (i) whenever necessary to comply with any Government Laws; (ii) upon any government request for emergency transportation relating to national defense; and (iii) whenever necessary or advisable because of weather or other conditions beyond our control, including any Force Majeure Event.
- FAILURE TO TIMELY RECEIVE TICKET NUMBERS FOR ADVANCE PURCHASES. Some ticket fares have an advance purchase requirement. We may cancel your reservation if we have not received your ticket number from any third-party travel agent by the advance purchase requirement date.
- YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS CONTRACT OF CARRIAGE. We may cancel your reservation due to your failure to comply with the rules of this Contract of Carriage including, but not limited to, your failure to pay for your Ticket or abide by the fare conditions relating to your Ticket.
- YOUR FAILURE TO BOARD YOUR FLIGHT. We may cancel your reservation (whether or not confirmed) and seat assignments on any subsequent flight segments if (i) you fail to board any reserved flight operated or marketed by Hawaiian, or (ii) any other carrier cancels your reservation for failing to board its flight.
- YOUR FAILURE TO PURCHASE TICKETS, CHECK IN OR BE PRESENT AT THE GATE ON-TIME. We may cancel your reservation and refuse your travel if you fail to check in or fail to meet any of the following deadlines:
- Deadline to Purchase Tickets. We may cancel your reservations if you have not purchased your Tickets at least one hundred twenty (120) minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
- Deadline for Checking-In. We may cancel your reservations and/or cancel any pre-reserved seating arrangements if you fail to check in and obtain a boarding pass (i) no less than forty-five (45) minutes prior to your scheduled departure time for travel between the State of Hawaii and the Continental USA., and (ii) no less than thirty (30) minutes prior to scheduled departure time for travel wholly within the State of Hawaii. We recommend that you check in well in advance of your flight due to lengthy TSA security screening checkpoint waiting times. Guest and baggage processing times may differ from airport to airport, and it is your responsibility to take that into consideration in scheduling enough time for you to meet our deadlines. If you are checking-in baggage, we recommend that you do so at least 3 hours prior to your scheduled departure time for travel to and from Pago Pago International Airport, 2.5 hours prior to your scheduled departure time for travel between the State of Hawaii and the Continental USA and ninety (90) minutes prior to your scheduled departure time for travel wholly within the State of Hawaii.
NOTE: We may refuse to accept any baggage for travel if it is not checked-in prior to the above check in deadlines, even if we allow you to check in.
- Deadline for Being Present at the Boarding Gate. We may cancel your reservation if you are not present at the boarding gate and available to board the aircraft at least thirty (30) minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of your reserved flight, whether or not you have checked in for your flight. Further, we reserve the right to close the aircraft doors ten (10) minutes prior to our scheduled departure time.