Rule 5: Tickets and Flight Coupons
- Full Text
- Rule 1: Definitions
- Rule 2: General Provisions
- Rule 3: Reservations and Ticketing
- Rule 4: Cancellation of Reservations
- Rule 5: Tickets and Flight Coupons
- Rule 6: Fares
- Rule 7: Check Acceptance
- Rule 8: Guests with Disabilities and Breathing Devices
- Rule 9: Wheelchairs and Other Assistive Devices
- Rule 10: Service Animals
- Rule 11: Screening of Guests and Baggage
- Rule 12: Acceptance of Children and Infants
- Rule 13: Refusal to Transport
- Rule 14: No-Smoking Policy
- Rule 15: Codeshare Flights
- Rule 16: Interline Transportation
- Rule 17: Carry-On Baggage
- Rule 18: Checked Baggage
- Rule 19: Acceptance of Dogs, Cats, and Household Birds for Travel
- Rule 20: Liability and Claims
- Rule 21: Flight Delays, Changes, Cancellations, and Aircraft Changes
- Rule 22: Denied Boarding and Compensation Due to Oversales
- Rule 23: Rerouting
- Rule 24: Refunds
- Rule 25: Customer Relations
- TICKET REQUIRED FOR TRAVEL. You must present a valid Ticket for travel on our aircraft. Your Ticket entitles you only to transportation from the designated point of origin to the designated destination, via the designated route. Any Ticket that has not been validated, or which has been altered, mutilated, improperly issued, or written in pencil, will not be valid and will not be accepted for travel.
- TICKETS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE. You may not transfer your Ticket to any person. Notwithstanding the non-transferability of a Ticket, we are not liable to you for honoring or refunding your Ticket when presented by another person.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR TICKET ACCURACY. You are responsible for ensuring that any Ticket accurately reflects your full name and matches your valid identification. We will void any Ticket that is presented to us for travel by someone other than the guest named on the Ticket. Voided Tickets may not be used, are subject to confiscation, and will not be refunded.
- FLIGHT COUPONS. Flight coupons will be honored only in the order in which they are issued for use on a trip. A “flight coupon” is a boarding document for travel on one segment only of a ticketed flight. Any flight coupon that has not been validated, or which has been altered, mutilated, improperly issued, or written in pencil will not be valid and shall not be accepted for travel.
- PROHIBITION ON ABUSE/MISUSE OF TICKETS AND FLIGHT COUPONS. Use of flight coupons from two or more issued round-trip Tickets to circumvent any applicable fare rules (such as advance purchase or minimum stay requirement) is not permitted. Hawaiian and its authorized travel agents are prohibited from issuing such “back to back” Tickets under circumstances where there is an obvious intent to abuse and/or misuse the restricted round-trip fares. Thus, we may deny you transportation if you are found to be utilizing Tickets or flight coupons in this manner unless you remit to us the difference between the fare paid and the fare for the transportation you would have paid had you not violated this rule.
- VALIDITY OF TICKETS.
- General Rule. Tickets are generally valid for transportation for one year from the date of issuance of the original Ticket. After the expiration of the one-year period, the Ticket is void and has no value.
- Date Expressly Stated. If a Ticket contains or is subject to an express date through which a Ticket is valid, then the Ticket shall remain valid only through that express date.
- TICKET CHANGES; TRAVEL CREDIT FOR UNUSED TICKETS.
- General Rule. Ticket changes are allowed only during the period of their validity. You will be charged any fare difference between the original fare and the fare applicable to the new Ticket, in addition to any surcharges for ticket changes as provided for in Rule 3: Reservations and Ticketing.
- Prevention of Use. If you are prevented from using a valid Ticket or portion of a valid Ticket, due to overbooking, a change to a smaller aircraft, or a flight cancellation, and we are unable to accommodate you on another flight in a comparable class of service prior to the expiration of your Ticket, we will issue you a travel credit for the original amount of the unused Ticket or portion thereof, as applicable, or other amount required by Government Laws.
- Illness, Physical Incapacity or Death. If you are unable to commence or continue your travel prior to the expiration of your Ticket due to your illness or physical incapacity, or the illness, or physical incapacity or death of a member of your Immediate Family, or an associate with whom you are traveling, we may, in our sole discretion, issue you a travel credit for the original amount of the unused Ticket or portion thereof, provided, however, that you present us with sufficient written proof of your illness or physical incapacity, or of the illness, or physical incapacity or death of the affected family member or traveling associate. For any death, we will require a valid death certificate issued by the proper governmental authority.
- Minimum Stay Requirements. In the event during your travel, you are required to return to your point of origin as a result of any illness, physical incapacity or death as described in Section G(3) of this Rule, you will be allowed to return early based on space availability, without incurring any additional fees for not meeting any minimum stay requirements, provided, however, that you also provide us with the documentation required by Section G(3) of this Rule. In all cases, you will be subject to any fare differences
NOTE: If, pursuant to Sections (G)(3) or (G)(4) of this Rule, you are unable to obtain the required written proof, or we have reason to doubt its validity, you may be denied any travel credit or travel extensions pending our receipt of that proof. You may also be charged for any travel changes or other fees that apply. Once adequate written proof is provided to us, we can process your claim for any refund equal to the difference between what you actually paid and the amount that you would have paid pursuant to Sections (G)(3) or (G)(4) of this Rule, had you provided us with timely written proof.
- Void or Expired Tickets. We do not allow changes to or issue travel credit on void or expired Tickets.